Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sketchbook I

Today I hit up the Denver Zoo for some sketching.

I actually didn't really sketch any animals (hell, they're all sleeping anyway), but I did get the people. I still suckeroo at this, but hey, practice ... anyway, what I like to do is find some place nice and shady to sit, sketch out the habitat, and then start adding whoever walks by. What I really need to work on is capturing the whole pose quickly in my head, and then getting it on paper. People don't stand still more than a few seconds (except old people I noticed...which is nice). Also I need to try to copy the pose less, but get the spirit of what is going on and work to bring that across, even if I fudge what's really happening a bit.

Anyhoot, here's a few pages from what I did today.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment